Make an attractive CD-cover of your favorite artist.
One of my favorite artists is Hudson Mohawke, because his style is very experimental and rich of full sounds. I’ve applied my vision of the music with the design. I’ve made the CD-covers out of a paper collage of existing images. There is a little surprise hidden in the last CD-cover.
On 06, Nov 2014 | In Graphic design | By Char
Make up three mood boards with the information what is given about the target group:
- A young, exotic, fashion aware female
- A young boy
- A middle-aged man who enjoys life, food and coffee
Here follows an explanation of the mood board designs:
- For the exotic female mood board, I used a pastel yellow background, so the images will pop-up better. I made use of colorful images which are related to beauty and fashion. I even used real material such as a stroke of white lace and a shell bracelet. To accentuate her exotic features, I used images in which exotic women are displayed and flowers.
- For the young boy mood board, I used a light blue background which represents the sky. I inserted images of things that are typical for young boys to like, such as: dinosaurs, kites, fantasy creatures and bright colors.
- For the food and coffee loving middle-aged man mood board, I used a dark-brown background which represents the color of coffee. Furthermore I’ve added images of men that represents the target group and images that are related to coffee and fine foods.
I’ve added an extra masculine mood board, because I found this one beautiful. This one was for an assignment at my previous education Communication and Design for a masculine accessory.
For branding my own identity and company, I had to come up with an own name and logo. Here are the following results.
I came up with three different names and logo in total:
- The first logo represents my surname and profession which was photography at the time. To make my logo stand out I made an extension of the number 1 and I’ve blended it with the letter I of “Charissa”. That’s why I put 21st above my name and “Photography” underneath it.
- My second logo is based on a friend’s company called “Jazzcake” which makes use of curly fonts and colorful design.
- “Chachi” is an old nickname given by my grandma. Even when I did liked the logo, I felt it was time for something new: something static and sophisticated.
- My third and current logo represents my identity and contains an acronym of my name, because I want to keep it simple and clear.That’s how I came up with: “I am Char”.
As seen on the images, I’ve been brainstorming like a madman.
I’ve also adjusted the logo in the branding design for the stationary and the business cards.